Codes for Placement of Fire Safety Equipments
1. Automatic fire alarm equipments for gas leakage shall be placed under Article 140 to Article 145.
2. Indicating signs of equipment shall be placed under Article 146 to Article 156.
3. Article 208, protective equipments shall be configured in the following places unless water fog spraying devices have been configured:
- Manufacturing plants of flammable high-pressure gases
- Storage of more than 3,000kg of flammable high-pressure gases or NG tanks
- Unloading areas for gas tank trucks
- Fuelling position of gas stations, manholes of gas tanks, compressors, and pumps.
4.The fire extinguisher used in the places of flammable high-pressure gas storage, LPS station, NG tank storage, and flammable high-pressure gas storage shall comply with Article 228.
5. The fire extinguisher and its indicating plates shall be placed under Article 31- Subparagraph 4.
6. The cooling sprinkling equipment used in the places of flammable high-pressure gases, LPS station, NG tank storage, and flammable high-pressure gas storage shall be placed under Article 229 as the following:
- Sprinkler monitor or drilled pipe shall be used for water sprinkling to ensure the sprinkle evenly on the protecting subjects.
- Drilling pipes shall comply with the provisions of CNS12854, and the diameter of the drilled holes shall be more than 4mm.
- The sprinkling volume shall be more than 5l/min per square meter. The sprinkling volume may be reduced by a half if the protected object is coated by rockwool with a thickness of more than 25mm or any material that possess equivalent fire resistance with the outer layer is coated by zinc iron plate with a thickness of more than 0.35mm that comply with CNS1244 or other material of the equivalent strength and fire resistance.
- The volume of water source shall be more than the water volume discharged by pressurization and driving device for 30 consecutive minutes.
- The structure and the manual station shall apply mutais mutandis to the case as referred to in Article 216.
7. The protected area referred to in the preceding Article shall be calculated in accordance with the following provisions:
- For a storage tank, the protected area is the outer surface area of the body (for a cylinder, including the terminal plates) and the exposed surface area of the liquid level meter and the valves attached to the tank.
- For equipment other than prescribed in the preceding Subparagraph, the protected area refers to the exposed surface area. however, if the manufacturing equipment is more than 5m above the ground, the exposed surface area horizontally cut in an invertal of 5m shall be the protected area.